Ett svenskt cannabisforum Forums Coffeeshopen Coffeeshopen HJÄLP MED ATT FOTA! Reply To: HJÄLP MED ATT FOTA!

reaper

I’m a very advanced amateur photographer. But I would recommend you to register at the site fotosidan.se! My girlfriend did that when she started to get interested in photography, and she have learned more or less everything she know from there! (Because I’m a better at photography than teaching ;) )

There’s planty of good articles about everything from the very basics to very advanced topics. And if that’s not enough, you got the fora, with thousands of very helpful people, as well!

The first thing you have to learn is the relationship between the aperture, shutter and ISO. Doubling the ISO let you cut the shutter time in half, or stop down one stop (i.e. increasing the aperture-value). It’s easy once you get the hang of it, but I promise, it’s much easier to learn from a book or well written article than on a forum :)

It might also be a good idea to mention that the aperture control the DOF (Depth of field). Also remember that a double in the number is two stops. I.e. 2.8->5.6. One stop is the aperture value times the square root of two (i.e. 1.41). 2.8 *1.41 ≈ 4, so changing the aperture from 2.8 to 4.0 is equal as “stopping down one stop”. You’d have to double the shutter speed to keep the same exposure, or doubling the ISO.

A good rule of thumb to remember is that you need a tripod or IS for shutter speeds longer than 1/focal length to avoid motion blur cause by camera shake (and for crop cameras, you need to take the focal length and multiply it with 1.6). So, if you’re using your lens at 55 mm, the longest shutter speed you can hand hold without motion blur is 1/80.